ENHYPEN (엔하이픈) is an upcoming seven-member boy group formed through the reality show I-LAND. They are under BELIFT LAB, a joint venture between CJ ENM and Big Hit Entertainment. The group consists of members Jungwon, Jay, Jake, Ni-ki, Heeseung, Sunghoon, and Sunoo. The name of the group was described as “just like hyphens connect different words to make new meanings, the members will connect, discover each other, and grow together”. they debuted on November 30, 2020 with their first mini album Border : Day One.
On September 18, 2020, the winners of the reality survival show I-LAND were announced as members of the upcoming boy group ENHYPEN. The group is composed of six members chosen by global viewers and one, Sunoo, chosen by the producer Bang Si Hyuk and directors Son Sung Deuk, DOOBU, Pdogg and Wonderkid.
On October 9, 2020, ENHYPEN announced their official fan club name as ENGENE which has two meanings: firstly, their fans are the “engines” that lets them grow and keep on going and secondly, the fans are the ENHYPEN’s “gene” as they both share the same DNA to connect, discover, and grow together.
2020: Debut with Border: Day One
– On October 28, Belift Lab announced that Enhypen will release their debut mini-album, Border: Day One on November 30.
– On November 4, it was announced that album pre-orders had surpassed 150,000 copies in two days.
2021: Border: Carnival, Border : 儚い, Dimension : Dilemma
– On March 25, 2021, Belift Lab announced that Enhypen will make their comeback in the end of April. A trailer titled “Intro : The Invitation” was released on April 5, annoucing that their second mini album Border: Carnival will be released on April 26 along with its lead single “Drunk-Dazed”.
– On April 8, it was announced that album pre-orders had surpassed 370,000 copies in three days.
– On May 11, it was announced that the group would make their Japanese debut with “Border : 儚い”. The Japanese single, which was released on July 6, contains the Japanese versions of “Given-Taken” and “Let Me In (20 Cube)” as well as a new Japanese song.
– On July 29, 2021, Enhypen collaborated with the computer-animated television series Tayo the Little Bus by remaking the theme song “Hey Tayo” and by releasing a new song called “Billy Poco”.
– On August 25, 2021, Belift Lab confirmed that Enhypen would make their comeback at the end of September.
– On September 2, 2021, Belift Lab announced that members Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, and Jungwon were tested positive for COVID-19. On September 5, member Ni-ki also tested positive for COVID-19.
– On September 16, 2021, Belift Lab announced that members Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Jungwon and Ni-ki have recovered from COVID-19 and that their first full length album, Dimension: Dilemma, is set to be released on October 12.
– On September 23, it was announced that the album pre-orders had surpassed 600,000 copies in six days. By October 7, pre-orders had surpassed 910,000 copies. (via wikipedia)
2022: Dimension : Answer
– On December 9, 2021, Belift Lab announced the repackage of the group’s first studio album titled Dimension : Answer to be released on January 10, 2022.
– On February 22, 2022, ENHYPEN released their original Japanese song “Always”.
– They released their second Japanese single, “Dimension : 閃光” on May 3, 2022.
– On June 14, Belift announced that ENHYPEN will be releasing their third mini-album, Manifesto: Day 1 on July 4.
Follow ENHYPEN on:
|2001.10.15||Vocalist, Rapper, Dancer, Center|
|2002.04.20||Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist|
|2002.11.15||Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist|
|2005.12.09||Main Dancer, Rapper, Maknae|
ENHYPEN OFFICIAL VIDEO
- Dimension : Dilemma (2021)
- Dimension : Answer (2022)
- Border : Day One (2020)
- Border : Carnival (2021)
- Manifesto : Day 1 (2022)
- Hey Tayo (with Tayo) (2021)
- Billy Poco (with Tayo) (2021)
- “Border : 儚い” (2021)
- Dimension : 閃光” (2022)
- Always (2022)
- A Kind of Magic – Coke Studio Session (2022)