BTS (방탄소년단 [ko]; 防弾少年团 [ja]; also known as Bangtan Boys and Beyond the Scene) is a seven-member boy group under Big Hit Entertainment. The members of BTS are RM, Jin, SUGA, j-hope, Jimin, V, and Jung Kook.
The group formed as teenagers under Big Hit Entertainment and released their debut single album, 2 Cool 4 Skool (2013). Subsequent works—such as their first U.S. Billboard 200 entries The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2 (2015), The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever (2016), and Wings (2016)—helped establish BTS’ reputation as a socially conscious group. Wings became BTS’ first album to sell one million copies in South Korea. By 2017, BTS crossed into the international music market, leading the Korean Wave into the United States and breaking numerous sales records, becoming the first Korean group to receive a certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for their single “Mic Drop”. The band is the first Korean act to top the Billboard 200 with their studio album Love Yourself: Tear (2018) and have since hit the top of the U.S. charts with their albums Love Yourself: Answer (2018), Map of the Soul: Persona (2019) and Map of the Soul: 7 (2020), making BTS the fastest group since the Beatles to earn four number one albums in less than two years. Love Yourself: Answer broke the South Korean Gaon Album Chart’s all-time monthly record previously set by their own Love Yourself: Tear and became the first Korean album to be certified platinum in the United States.
On June 19, BTS released a new Japanese song, “Stay Gold”, from their upcoming Japanese studio album, Map of the Soul: 7 ~ The Journey ~, set for release in Japan and digitally worldwide on July 14.
The band will release a new English-language single “Dynamite” on August 21, and a new album during the second half of 2020.
Follow BTS on:
|Group Name||BTS (방탄소년단)|
|Label||Big Hit Entertainment|
|1994.09.12||Leader, Main Rapper|
|1992.12.04||Sub Vocalist, Visual|
|1994.02.18||Main Dancer, Sub Rapper, |
|1995.10.13||Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist|
|1995.12.30||Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Visual|
|1997.09.01||Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, |
Sub Rapper, Center, Maknae
BTS LATEST OFFICIAL VIDEO
- Dark & Wild (2014)
- Wings (2016)
- You Never Walk Alone (repackage) (2017)
- Love Yourself: Tear (2018)
- Map of the Soul : 7 (2020)
- O!RUL8,2? (2013)
- Skool Luv Affair (2014)
- Skool Luv Affair Special Addition (repackage) (2014)
- The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 1 (2015)
- The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 2 (2015)
- Love Yourself: Her (2017)
- Map of the Soul : Persona (2019)
- BTS World Original Soundtrack (2019)
- The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever (2016)
- Love Yourself: Answer (2018)
- 2 Cool 4 Skool (2013)
- Come Back Home (2017)
- MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix) (2017)
- Fake Love (Rocking Vibe Mix) (2018)
- Black Swan (2020)
- Dynamite (2020)
- With Seoul (2017)
- Wake Up (2014)
- Youth (2016)
- Face Yourself (2018)
- Map of the Soul : 7 ~ The Journey ~ (2020)
- 2 Cool 4 Skool / O!RUL8,2? (2014)
- The Best of BTS: Korea Edition (2017)
- The Best of BTS: Japan Edition (2017)
- No More Dream (2014)
- Boy in Luv (2014)
- Danger (2014)
- For You (2015)
- I Need U (2015)
- Run (2015)
- Blood Sweat & Tears (2017)
- MIC Drop/DNA/Crystal Snow (2017)
- Fake Love/Airplane Pt.2 (2018)
- Lights/Boy With Luv (2019)
- Stay Gold (2020)
Collaborations and features
- Steve Aoki – Waste It On Me (2018)
- Their official fan club name is called A.R.M.Y. (stylized as ARMY), which stands for “Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth.”
- The literal translation of their Korean name (방탄소년단, or Bangtan Sonyeondan) in English is “Bulletproof Boy Scouts.
- Having sold over 20 million albums on the Gaon Music Chart, BTS are the best-selling act in South Korean history, and their album Map of the Soul: 7 is the country’s best-selling album.
- The group has won four Billboard Music Awards, including Top Social Artist three years in a row and Top Duo/Group.
- They were speakers at the 73rd United Nations General Assembly and honored as the youngest recipients of the Order of Cultural Merit from the President of South Korea.